Start Playing Online Casino Roulette Today – Read Our Extensive Guide to the Game
Visitors to a casino, whether it’s a bricks and mortar establishment or an online website tend to check out the slots first and after that the roulette table is the next place where newcomers tend to gravitate to. It’s been a big attraction at casinos since it was introduced in the 18th Century. That spinning wheel and the sound of the ball seems to be intoxicating. The game itself couldn’t be simpler as it’s just a case of predicting in which numbered slot the ball will land. But somehow it manages to impart a certain level of excitement and anticipation. The fact that it can offer the chance of a big win is also another contributing factor in its popularity. Another feature of the best online casino roulette that has made it a favourite is that it can be enjoyed by anybody. The Average Joe with no experience of playing any kind of casino game can easily and quickly be enjoying a spin of the wheel. You could have a favourite number or think you’ve got a foolproof system. Whatever, roulette is a game that can be enjoyed by people from all walks of life, age and shoe size. There are a number of different variants of online roulette that are popular all over the world, but the two most common are the American and European versions.
What is the difference between American and European Roulette?
American and European are the two versions of online roulette casinos generally offer. There are a range of other versions but these are the two you’ll most likely find at an online roulette casino. They sound very different but in actual fact there is very little to tell the two casino online roulette games apart.
- European Roulette – The spinning wheel in an online game of European Roulette is divided into 37 slots. Each slot has a different number, from 0 to 36, and are either red or black. With the exception of the number zero which is green.
- American Roulette – The only difference between this version and European Roulette is that there is one more slot on the spinning wheel. The wheel is divided into 38 slots and the extra one is “00” which is also green.
|Rank||Casino||Top Games||Bonus||Software||Mobile APP||Visit Casino|
|1||888 Casino Review||Elvis, Zeus, Ultimate Genie, Pirates Millions, Casino Reels, Dino Jakcpot Stampede||£888 No Deposit Bonus||Electracade, 888 Gaming, GamesOS/CTXM, IGT||yes||Get Your Bonus 888 Casino Review|
|2||Ruby Fortune Casino Review||Jurassic World, Beautiful Bones, Fortune Girl, Empor of the Sea, Fruit vs Candy, Classic 243||€750 FREE Welcome Offer||Microgaming||yes||Get Your Bonus Ruby Fortune Review|
|3||Jackpot City Review||Live Blackjack, Live Baccarat, Live Roulette, Agent Jane Blonde, Cash Splash, Hitman||$1600 Free Sign-Up Bonus||Microgaming||yes||Get Your Bonus JackpotCity Review|
There are a number of other online roulette casino games, but you won’t encounter them too often. Just in case you do, let’s give you a few examples of the other types of online casino roulette games you can play. French Roulette is a little more difficult to find than American and European. It’s very similar to European Roulette, in that it has a single zero. The difference being that if your ball lands there and you didn’t bet on it you’ll only lose half your bet. The name of this rule is “La Partage” rule. In French Roulette there’s also a rule called the “En Prison” rule. It applies when you make an Odd/Even bet and the ball lands in zero. Your bet will be placed ‘in prison’ and if your bet wins on the next spin you get your original stake back again. Which makes it more interesting and really quite cool. Multi-Ball Roulette is a modern addition and perfectly suits the modern player. Three balls are spun on the wheel at the same time, which means more bets, more action and more chance of winning. Your bet is split three ways if one of your numbers hits. A very welcome development in the world of online roulette games is Live Dealer Roulette. For those of you who long to experience or crave the action of a land-based casino this is for you. And you don’t have to leave your armchair if you don’t want to. There’s a real roulette wheel, a real dealer spinning the wheel and the action often takes place in a real casino. The premise of all online roulette games is to predict in which slot the ball will land. There are a number of different bets that can be placed but to make it much simpler for beginners, we’ve decided to concentrate on the two most common: inside bets and outside bets.
Placing bets at a roulette online casino – inside and outside
Before actually placing your bet you’ll need to choose your betting limit. It could be a cent or a penny, a few dollars or a few pounds. It might even be more if you’re feeling lucky or are a huge betting fiend. Once you’ve chosen, you place your chips by clicking on the numbers you want to bet on. Simple! The virtual dealer will call “No more bets” and the wheel will start spinning and the excitement and anticipation begins. When the wheel stops and the ball comes to rest in a particular slot the winning bets will be paid out on immediately. All sounds pretty straightforward until you look a little closer and realise there are plenty of options to choose from and there’s far more to it than simply choosing a number. A simple categorisation for the different types of bet is inside and outside bets.
- Straight Up – betting on a single number with a payoff of 35:1. Your chip has to be placed on a specific number
- Split – betting on two neighboring squares with a payoff of 17:1. Chips are placed on the line between the two numbers.
- Street – betting on three neighboring numbers with a payoff of 11:1. To place this bet your chip is placed on the outer edge of the row in which the three numbers appear
- Six Line – this is actually two street bets (six neighboring numbers) and has a payoff of 8:1
- Corner – betting on four neighbouring squares with a payoff of 8:1. This bet is placed on the cross where they meet
- Dozens – these bets can be found on the left hand side of the betting table and are three squares representing outcomes from 1 to 12, 13 to 24 and 25 to 36. Payoff Is 2:1 and this bet is also called a double bet
- Colors – bets on red or black are also found on the left hand side of the table and as you might expect the two squares are colored red and black. Payoff for this bet is an even 1:1
- Odd and Even – also found on the left hand side of the betting table it involves placing a bet on whether the number will be odd or even for which there are two named squares in which to place your chips. Payoff is again an even 1:1
- High and Low – bets are placed on one of two squares that represent the numbers 1 to 18 or 19 to 36, so in effect you’re betting on a large group of numbers. This is another even bet with a 1:1 payoff
- Columns – it’s also possible to bet on a column of numbers by placing a bet on one of the three square at the bottom of the table. The bet is on the 12 numbers in the column. The squares usually have 2:1 written inside them which refers to the payoff.
We hope we’ve not confused things too much for anyone who’s new to the game. In our explanation of the different bets we’ve added a ratio for the payoff. If some of you are wondering what this means, let’s take a moment to try and explain. For those of you who understand about the odds skip this small section and move on a little further.
- Min. Deposit:€10
- Payout Ratio:97%
- Min. Deposit:£5
- Payout Ratio:94,68%
Understanding the odds when playing at the best online roulette casinos
It’s important to understand the odds when playing any kind of online gambling game, not just online casino roulette. From our list above, the most common bets, at a casino where you can play roulette online, is Red/Black (Colors) or Odd/Even. This wager (bet) pays out even money, which means that you earn back what you bet. Let’s give an example. You bet on Red to win and place a bet of $20. The ball lands in a red slot which makes you a winner. Therefore, you’ll be paid $40, which is $20 plus your original $20 bet. Even money bets are good to place if you’re interested in long-term profits. However, these kind of bets tend to require a slightly higher minimum real money bet. One way to ramp up the excitement levels and have some gambling fun is to occasionally make single number bets. The payoff for this type of bet at the best online casino for roulette is 35:1. In other words, if you place a bet of $10 on number 9 and the number comes in you win $360. This is made up of your $10 original bet plus $350. This type of inside bet often requires a smaller minimum bet. As with any online casino game there’s a certain amount of terminology it’ll help to be familiar with. Next step in your journey to learn all you need to know about roulette is to understand the lingo.
Learn the language of roulette before opening an account at a casino for roulette online
Roulette is a table game that’s remarkably uncomplicated to play. There are, however, a number of aspects that require a little more understanding. We’ve already looked at betting, given you a few examples and explained about odds. Time to introduce some of the jargon you’ll want to know.
- Action – sum of bets made over a set period of time that you’ll need to be aware of if you want to take advantage of a rewards program. This is a scheme that you’ll encounter when looking for the best online casino to play roulette
- Action player – a player who frequently places large bets
- Ball track – the outside rim of the roulette wheel where the ball spins, sometimes called the backtrack
- Basket bet – a strategic bet that covers 00,0,1,2 and 3
- Bottom track – the inner sloping part of the roulette wheel which the ball enters before it bounces into the slots and wheel head
- Carre – a corner bet in French roulette
- Cheval – a split bet in French roulette
- Colonne – a column bet in French roulette
- Courtesy line – in American roulette this is the bet that covers both 0 and 00
- Parlay – doubling your wager following a win
- Positive progression – increasing your bets after winning
- Press – raising your bets following a win or series of wins
- Push – a tie where your cash is returned to you
- Quarter bet – another name for a corner bet
- Wheel head – the section of the roulette wheel that houses the numerical slots or pockets
There are a number of other terms that it’d be good to know but for now these are plenty to help you get started.
Things to look out for when looking for the best online roulette casino
Now you know a little bit more about the game you’re going to be itching to find the best online casino for roulette. But before you sign up let’s give you some pointers as to what you should be looking for. Take it from us, there are hundreds of online casinos where you can pay roulette and it helps to be sensible before signing up with the first one you find.
- Take the opportunity to try before you buy
Before you sign up at the first online roulette casino you find do some homework. You’ve already made a sensible choice by reading this page. Take some time to peruse some of our other pages, especially the casino reviews. One feature to check is the variety of roulette games there are available to play. If roulette is going to be your game of choice it would be good if there’s plenty of variety at the best online casino to play roulette at. Also take note of whether there are play money versions you can try before you start risking your own money.
- Check out the welcome bonus
There are plenty of online roulette casinos to choose from and a large number of them will be offering a welcome bonus. Some of them will be very tempting, but take the time to read the terms and conditions. Because what often looks very generous on the surface is a little less generous when you read the small print and realise what you’ve got to do to make the best of the offer and be able to withdraw any subsequent winnings.
- Make the most of playing using your mobile devices
Playing at the best online casinos no longer means you have to stay at home and play. The mobile revolution hasn’t failed to win over the online casinos and more and more are offering the best online casino roulette games and more. Many of the top online casino games can be played just as well, if not better, using a smartphone or tablet. Which means you can enjoy a game or two whenever and wherever you want to, provided you have a stable and secure internet connection. Some of the mobile casinos will require a download and others you’ll be able to play by typing the domain name into your mobile browser.
- Your safety and security should be a primary concern
Your own safety and security, especially the protection of your personal details, should feature at the top of your list of priorities. There are a number of different ways you can reduce the risk of being scammed. Check the casino’s homepage for the eCOGRA (eCommerce Online Gaming Regulation and Assurance) and SSL signs to be certain the site is legitimate. Also aim to choose an online casino that has been issued a license and is regulated by the local regulatory body where you live. In the UK, for example, this is the UK Gambling Commission. The best online roulette casino will have the games and the RNGs (Random Number Generators) independently audited to ensure the game play is fair. Knowing that an online casino is legitimate will put your mind at rest because you can be certain the online roulette games are too. If you still have your doubts about certain Roulette software you always have the option of playing live dealer roulette online, with a real-life croupier calling the shots.
- Take the opportunity to try before you buy
|Our Best Choice for Roulette Casino|
||Get Up To
100 FREE SPINS
- 24/7 customer support will be a very useful option
You may find something going wrong with your account or experience a problem with one of the games even when you’re playing roulette at the best online casino. And it could happen at any time of the day or night. There are plenty of players who enjoy playing online roulette and other casino games out of office hours. The best casinos offer 24/7 customer support and these are the ones to pick so that you have someone to speak to that will swiftly sort out your problems.
Top tips for anyone considering playing roulette online
We’d be remiss if we didn’t offer a few snippets of advice on how to improve the way you play roulette. And make the whole experience as pleasurable, fun and preferably as profitable as it’s possible to be with any kind of game of chance. So here goes with our top 5 tips to improve your roulette play:
- Stick to bets that offer the best odds – in the long run you’re going to end up out of pocket or even worse if you’re always gunning for the number bets. It’s far better to stick to bets that offer the best possible odds. Even-money outside bets may not be the most exciting or sexy but lots of small, regular wins are better for your pocket.
- Appreciate the ins and outs of a deposit bonus – we’ve already warned about the attractiveness of bonuses but feel the need to mention it again. This is one area that regularly trips players up. Especially newbies, but a number of more experienced players still find themselves falling into the trap. As a general rule, expect to have to work hard to earn your bonus. And this will involve making enough real-money bets at the online roulette games.
- Restrict your 00 play – the extra 00 in American Roulette significantly increases the house edge. Believe it or not, from less than 3% to more than 5%. European Roulette games online are a far better bet and you can find plenty of roulette online casinos offering this option.
- There really is no foolproof system to beat the house – you’ll encounter a number of different betting systems for online roulette but don’t be suckered into believing them. “The Martingale” system is just one of many that doesn’t work.
- Shop around before jumping in with both feet – there are hundreds of online casinos at which you can play roulette. Each one of which will be vying for your attention. Spend time doing your research, read more of our pages, especially the reviews and you’ll find the best online roulette casino far easier.
As on some of our other pages we’ll finish up with some Roulette trivia that you can impress your fellow players with.
Fun Roulette facts you’ll want to share
- The worse bet you can make in American Roulette is the five number bet. Bet 0,00,1,2, or 3 and the house edge leaps up to 7.89%.
- The numbers on a roulette wheel, when added together, total 666…..how weird is that?
- Who invented the game of roulette? The most popular school of thought is that it was a French mathematician named Blaise Pascal who invented the first roulette-type game, way back in 1657.
- In 2004, a British businessman sold all his possessions and bet it all on Red in a Las Vegas roulette game. Lucky for him the ball landed on Red 7 and he walked away with more than $270,000.
- The first American Roulette wheels only had numbers up to 28, and also featured an American Eagle section that was originally the house section. It was unpopular because the house had too big an edge so very quickly fell out of favor.
So there you have it. A basic introduction to the game of roulette online. You spent the time reading what we’ve had to say, so now it’s up to you to use it wisely. As long as you do your research carefully and read all the small print you’ll be off to an excellent start. Just don’t go mad and blow all your money of the first few games. Take your risks seriously and you’ll have a great time playing at the best online casinos for playing roulette.
|Game||Types||Most Played Where?||House Edge||Sandart
|Slots||Video Slots, Bonus Slots, Retro Slots, Fruit Machines, 3D Slots, Progressive Slots||USUKCA||2%-15%f||8.74g||888 Casino 888 Casino Review|
|BlackJack||American Roulette, European Roulette, French Roulette, Multi-Ball Roulette, Multi-Wheel Roulette, Live Dealer Roulette, Spingo||USFRNO||0.28%||1.15||JackpotCity Casino JackpotCity Review|
|Video Poker||Jacks or Better, Deuces Wild, Tens or Better, Double Bonus Poker and Joker Poker||ESCANL||0.46%||4.42||Spin Palace Casino Spin Palace Review|
|Craps||Crapless Craps, Open Craps, High Point Craps, New York Craps, Simplified Craps||CNFIDK||1.41%||1.00||Bwin Casino Bwin Review|
|Baccarat||Punto Banco (American), Chemin de Fer, Baccarat en Banque, Super Pan 9, Three Card Baccarat, Live dealer baccarat||JPRUSE||1.06%||0.93||Ladbrokes Casino Ladbrokes Review|
|Keno||Power Keno, Super Keno, Combination Keno, Video Keno, Way Keno||ARBRES||25%-29%||1.30-46.04||Betfred Casino Betfred Review|
|Bingo||90 Ball Bingo, 80 Ball Bingo, 75 Ball Bingo, 30 Ball Bingo, Progressive Bingo, Coverall Bingo||UKIEIT||–||–||Betfred Casino Betfred Review|