Professional Guide to Online Casino Bonuses – Get the Best Offers When You Play Online
It can be a bit of a nightmare, trying to decide which bonus to take advantage of and which to leave well alone. Especially for the complete beginner, trying to pick just one online casino bonus may seem like an impossible task. There are simply so many to choose from, each with its own set of rules, requirements and features. Bonuses seem to have become the marketing tool of choice for the vast majority of online casino sites, especially the new ones, but who are we to blame them? There are so many new sites coming online that it must be a struggle to stand out from the crowd. It’s not a bad thing for you the player, anyway. Because it means you can enjoy your favorite online casino games using some else’s money. As players ourselves, we appreciate how difficult it is to decide on the best online casino bonus. Which is why we’re offering our help. And to start we’ll look at some of the different bonuses available, for new players as well as regulars.
There’s a casino bonus online to suit everyone
The casino online bonus has become a popular tool used by casinos to attract new players and to keep the current clientele coming back for more. There is a huge amount of competition in the online gambling industry and at the moment this seems to be the only way to differentiate between them all. The vast majority of online sites are operated by only a handful of software companies, which means they tend to boast the same selection of games. When you arrive on the landing page of any online casino, the first thing you’ll notice is the latest promotion. Some require you to input online casino bonus codes, while some are awarded automatically. But what do they all mean and are there any differences? There follows a few examples of the different types of bonus casino online.
|Rank||Casino||Top Games||Bonus||Software||Mobile APP||Visit Casino|
|1||888 Casino Review||Elvis, Zeus, Ultimate Genie, Pirates Millions, Casino Reels, Dino Jakcpot Stampede||£888 No Deposit Bonus||Electracade, 888 Gaming, GamesOS/CTXM, IGT||yes||Get Your Bonus 888 Casino Review|
|2||Ruby Fortune Casino Review||Jurassic World, Beautiful Bones, Fortune Girl, Empor of the Sea, Fruit vs Candy, Classic 243||€750 FREE Welcome Offer||Microgaming||yes||Get Your Bonus Ruby Fortune Review|
|3||Jackpot City Review||Live Blackjack, Live Baccarat, Live Roulette, Agent Jane Blonde, Cash Splash, Hitman||$1600 Free Sign-Up Bonus||Microgaming||yes||Get Your Bonus JackpotCity Review|
- Online casino welcome bonus – also known as the online casino first deposit bonus or sign up bonus and found at the vast majority of sites. It tends to be the best offer you’ll find as it has the highest bonus to deposit ratio. Sometimes it can be as much as 500%. It can only be claimed by new players, pretty obvious really, when the first deposit is made. There is also a welcome bonus that requires no funding of an account. And is just another type of online casino signup bonus.
- Matching deposit bonus – this type of gambling casino online bonus matches the amount of the deposit, generally up to a certain amount. Say the offer is a 100% matching bonus up to $100. It’ll mean that if you deposit $100 you’ll end up with $200 to play with.
- Percentage deposit bonus – this type of online casino bonus doesn’t usually amount to as much as a matching deposit bonus, but is still very welcome, especially if you’re just starting out. Imagine an online casino is offering a 50% online casino new player bonus. If you deposit $100, you’ll get an extra $50 added by the casino.
- Reload bonus – the aim of this type of bonus is to keep regular customers interested and depositing more money. It is similar to a casino online welcome bonus in that it can be a matching or a percentage bonus.
- High roller bonus – casinos like to reward the regular players but especially those who spend large amounts of money over time. Players who like to make big one-off deposits are also treated to a special bonus. It tends to be a percentage bonus for deposits over $500 or $1,000.
These are the most common online casino bonuses but there are also a wide selection of other offers and promotions for regular customers at an online casino.
There are plenty of other online casino special offers and promotions to brighten your day
- Loyalty scheme – many of the best online casinos run loyalty clubs and VIP programs. Once you’ve taken advantage of the best online joining deposit, you might want to look for this kind of incentive. The idea is that you get rewarded every time you place a bet. More often than not, you’ll be signed up to this type of promotion automatically, as soon as you join. And as you play more and more you collect points and work your way up the loyalty ladder, depending on how much you deposit. Get to the top of the ladder, or the highest VIP level and you’ll be offered the best online casino bonuses.
- Refer a Friend – a number of online casinos also run a refer-a-friend program in which you’re invited to tell all your friends about a particular casino brand. And when that friend signs up, wagers and plays you’ll receive a free bonus.
- Min. Deposit:€10
- Payout Ratio:97%
- Min. Deposit:£5
- Payout Ratio:94,68%
- Cash-back – this is a promotion that in effect gives you back some of your gambling money. It is an amount of money that is awarded back to players when they’ve had a loss. Online casino deposit bonuses are great but if you plan to be a big time player and want to increase your playtime, the cash-back bonus is a more viable option. Imagine you’re offered a 20% cash-back bonus. If you lose $500, you get $100 of it back.
- Payment method – on another of our pages we’ve discussed different payment options that are offered by the best online casinos. Some of them will offer extra bonuses if a certain payment method is used.
As you can see there is a wide range of different bonuses you can take advantage of. But before you sign up and accept the extra cash read our top tips.
Before signing up with an online casino with bonus read our top tips
When you’re looking for the top online casino bonus you’re going to be spoilt for choice. Almost every casino site offers them which makes it difficult to decide which is the right one. The best bonus online casino will have its own special terms and features you’ll need to look out for. Read and bear in mind the following tips and you’ll be much less likely to lose money if you hit the jackpot.
Don’t be blinded by the size of the bonus
A $500 online casino best bonus will undoubtedly look very attractive but remember the casino is using this type of promotion to show you what a generous casino it is. However, offers that seem too good to resist, tend to be too good to be true. There may be gigantic wagering requirements, or the deposit bonus might be split into several different ones. Or there might be some other requirement you hadn’t thought of.
Check the wagering requirements carefully
The most important part of the best online casino bonus is the wagering requirement. You’ll need to meet this before you can withdraw any winnings from the bonus money. Each casino will have its own requirements and these are generally found in the terms and conditions. It might be that you have to wager the bonus amount multiplied by a number, or the bonus and your deposit multiplied by a number. On average you can expect it to be between 30 and 50, but it could be as much as 80 times.
|Our Best Choice for Safe Casino|
||Get Up To
100 FREE SPINS
Check the maximum bet you can place with bonus money
There is often a maximum bet you can place with any bonus money. It tends to be between $5 and $10. It’s usually done to prevent players playing with low bets using their deposited money and going mad with the bonus money.
What to do if you don’t want the bonus
You don’t always have to accept a bonus if you don’t want to and there are two ways to deal with it. Your first option is not to select the bonus offer, usually via the cashier. The second option, if the bonus is automatic, is to contact the support team and ask them to delete the bonus before you place a wager.
Check the casino online bonus expiration
It’s very common for a new online casino bonus to have an expiration date. This is the date you need to use the bonus by, or fulfil the wagering requirements in order to keep the bonus active.
The bonus might be limited to certain games
There tends to be certain restrictions to the games you can play using bonus money. One category of games that is usually excluded is live casino games. You should also bear in mind that while it might be possible to play with bonus money, not every game counts towards the wagering requirements in the same way.
Always read the small print
This is possibly the most important tip of all and one we remind players about every time we write our online casino reviews. Ninety nine times out of one hundred, an online casino best signup bonus and all other types of bonus will come with certain terms and conditions. The online casino best welcome bonus and all other promotions are designed to make you deposit more money. The casino isn’t giving you the bonus because it feels particularly charitable. On the contrary. The terms and conditions attached to the bonuses give the casino the best possible chance of getting their bonus back and getting your deposit as well. It’s also meant to keep you happy so you’ll stay and make more deposits. Some of the things to watch out for are:
- Wagering or play through requirements – the requirements can range from 20 to 40 times
- Maximum cash out – this is often the case with free chip and spin bonuses
Are you obliged to always accept a bonus?
It might seem counterproductive but the answer is, no you’re not obliged to accept a bonus if you don’t want to. The best online casino deposit bonus, or any other bonus in actual fact, can seem like an offer that’s too good to turn down. But there are a number of occasions when you might be better off not accepting a bonus. No matter how much it looks like it will improve your chances of winning.
The restrictions that are often attached to bonuses, such as play through or limiting the cash out might not suit your needs and future plans. The bonus could also be just for specific games, for example slot machines. If you only play bingo or table games, this bonus is going to be useless. You’ll find a number of online casino comparison sites looking at the advantages of playing with a bonus. But we thought we’d look at things a little differently. And discuss the advantages of playing at an online casino without accepting the bonuses.
The advantages of playing without accepting a bonus
- No game restriction – accepting a casino bonus will likely mean you’ll have to stick to playing a certain selection of online casino games, which means you won’t get a free reign to play just what you want. If you play without a casino bonus in your account you can choose to play whatever game you want and for as long as you want, without any restrictions.
- No maximum stake limits – some online casinos have introduced a rule that states a player is only allowed to play for a certain stake level if there is a bonus in their account. Even if the bonus you’ve claimed is huge, you might still be restricted to wagering small amounts, such as a few dollars. If you haven’t claimed a bonus you can play for any stake level you choose.
- No cash out restrictions – if you play without a bonus in your account you’ll be able to make cash outs any time you want to. You may be obliged to play your deposit amount through at least once. But once you’ve done that you’ll be able to freely withdraw any winnings. If you find you really can’t resist a bonus don’t forget about the play through requirements. Every bonus with have them. These requirements force you to play through your bonus cash and sometimes even your deposit amount tens of times before you’ll be able to withdraw anything from your account. You might have managed a big win in the early stage of your playing session, but having to continue playing to meet play through requirements will quickly diminish your winnings.
Our advice is to think long and hard before accepting or signing up with the best welcome bonus online casino. Consider everything you’ve read here before accepting any promotional offers that are available. The rules attached to these offers are written in such a way that it’s not you who is benefiting but the online casino. The house has the edge and always will have. You should also be aware that many casinos are owned and operated by one parent company. And there may be very strict rules that state you cannot claim the best online casino signup bonus from more than one of the company’s online casino sites. This particular rule is something that often trips players up, along with the wagering requirements rule. It’s therefore very important that you read any bonus rules, along with the terms and conditions. You should also determine the other casinos that belong to the group. It’s all too easy to sign up at a couple of casinos owned by the same company and unwittingly claim the bonuses. You won’t be told when you claim them that you’ve broken the rules. Until that is, you try to withdraw any winnings and find that the casino has voided them. It’s all to common for players to get hung up on accepting bonuses on every single deposit they make. Just for a change, try a few sessions without claiming a bonus and you’ll be surprised at the freedom it gives you.
In conclusion, there’s no denying the benefit to be had from claiming a bonus. Whether it’s the best online casino bonus or some other outstanding promotion. They are a great way to extend your playing experience and increase your bankroll. If you’re gambling at an online casino more for entertainment value than to win pots of cash then anything you can do to increase your enjoyment is going to be worthwhile. But we want to impress on you that reading the relevant terms and conditions is a vital part of accepting any kind of bonus. If you choose not to do so and fall foul of the terms it will turn your enjoyment into a nightmare. Knowledge is the most important tool in anyone’s arsenal. So spend time reading what we’ve got to say and look at some other online casino comparison sites. Entering into this form of online gaming with your eyes closed will be a big and costly mistake. The more you know and understand, the less likely you are to have any problems.